Elementary School, Inc.
History & Mission
Friends of La Jolla Elementary, Inc. (Friends) is the school’s fundraising group. We are a non-profit organization that benefits the children of LJES. Our mission is to enhance and enrich the education of each child at the school. Powered by your donations, together we are able to pay for the following instructional enrichments:
- Additional classroom teachers to reduce class size
- Instructional support teachers to aid classroom teachers
- Technology program: technology instructor, hardware and campus computer repair
- Music program: music staff and musical supplies and equipment
- Art program: art staff and art supplies
- Library program: library instructor and supplies
- Lunch and recess supervisory staff
- Educational software: everyday math and ST math
- Campus Improvements
- Classroom supplies and educational resources for each teacher.
Friends chooses its projects based on input from parents, the LJES Governance Team and School Site Council, our principal, and our teachers. We strive to support and provide educational programs which impact the highest number of students possible at La Jolla Elementary School.
It is only through your generosity that Friends can support these educational programs for the students of LJES. Friends’ monthly meetings are open to the public and we encourage all interested school community members to attend. Fundraising activities, plans, issues, and expenses are addressed at each meeting.
We sincerely appreciate your support and patronage.