Homework Assistance Program
PARENTS, PLEASE NOTE SESSION #1 IS NOW FULL!
The Homework Assistance Program began in the 2004-2005 school year as “Homework Club” to assist students with their assignments. This program allows students to work with La Jolla Elementary School teachers at each grade level. Teachers work with students to reinforce concepts and to assist them with work organization and task completion. The program is offered through the LJES PTO.
Program Days, Hours & Fees:
- The program is offered on Mondays and Thursdays after school. Parents may sign up for one or two days per week.
- Snack and recess is provided from 2:45-3:00pm. Homework assistance is provided from 3:00-4:00pm. *Please pick up your child promptly at 4:00pm in front of the school office or let us know if your child should be dismissed to the YMCA.
- $100 per session for one day per week or $200 per session for two days per week. Each session offers 10 classes (one day per week) or 20 classes (two days per week) at a cost of $10 per session.
Program Session Dates & Payment Deadlines:
- Session #1 begins on Monday, September 8 (or Thursday, September 11) and ends on Monday, November 17 (or Thursday, November 20). Payment is due on August 28, 2014.
- Session #2 begins on Monday, December 1 (or Thursday, December 4) and ends on Monday, February 23 (or Thursday, February 26). Payment is due on December 1, 2014.
- Session #3 begins on Monday, March 2 (or Thursday, March 5) and ends on Monday, May 21 (or Thursday, May 28). Payment is due on February 26, 2015. *Please note that there are no sessions the week of March 23 due to parent conferences and the week of March 30 due to spring break.
To sign up and pay by check, please complete this form and return it to the school office.
To pay online, please click here: Please note that Sesssion #1 is full!